We act for and advise our clients in many thematic areas as highlighted below:
- Advising Bandwidth and Cloud Services Group Holdings, a leading telecommunications infrastructure company with operations in Kenya,Uganda, Rwanda Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, South Sudan and Zambia in convertible loan financing of up to USD 15 million for its subsidiary BCS Zambia. This is a cross border financing by one of the largest Big Tech entities in the world.
- Acting for Triple Edge Media Limited in connection with the financing from Trace Eastern Africa Limited in an amount of KES 20,000,000 (approximately USD 200,000) to finance the takeover of an existing facility of the borrower with Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited.
- Acting for a US incorporated not for profit organization in negotiating the terms of a construction and medical tourism relay facility in the sum of USD 38 million to enable the organisation to construct a modern affordable housing in Kilifi county.
- Acting for a Kenyan obligor in connection with several trade financing transactions in the value of USD 13 million involving several counter parties located in offshore jurisdictions. Scope of work include drafting and negotiating the underlying trade documentation, negotiating the terms of the letter of credit facility with the local issuing bank as well as the issuing bank and providing general legal support to the client to safeguarding the client’s interest at all times.
- Advising a real estate developer in a real estate development financing from certain lenders based in Mauritius and South Africa to enable Ol Daiga Village Limited to undertake a USD 11,201,716.80 mixed use development in Nanyuki.
- Advising a Dutch national in USD 100,000 financing of a student housing project in Western Kenya.
- Acting for a Switzerland based asset manager in the financing of USD 300,000,000 to a Kenya agribusiness company. We assisted the lender in the preparation, negotiation and settlement of security package including Kenyan law governed all assets debenture, corporate guarantees from the borrower group, interlenders’ agreement between our client and the existing syndicate lenders including Root Capital Inc, Global partnerships and Oiko Credit. We also represented the client in the perfection of the security documents.
For more information on MWC’s expertise on Banking and Finance, please contact Peter Mwaura at email@example.com.